Senior QA Engineer (Manual + Japanese language)
The expectation is for someone to come in and really help identify the existing product flow, find bugs, identify Japanese language mistakes and heavily lean into building out a test suite with the whole team.
- Lead the way by writing high-quality test suites and documentation that sets the right examples for the team.
- Collaborate with other business/product/team stakeholders to manage features from planning to release.
- Support the professional development of other team members.
- Creating test plans, test cases, and test scripts to test software and other technical solutions across multiple platforms effectively
- Developing, publishing, and implementing test cases
- Performed various types of testing such as Smoke, Regression
- Reproducing reported issues and triaging root causes
- Understanding business workflow and process flows
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related disciplines
- 5+ years of software test experience
- Smoke, Functional, Regression, Performance, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in using tools to support testing (e.g. test management, automated testing, defect tracking, etc.).
- Fluent English and Japanese are required for this position.
- Automated test experience in Selenium is a plus.
- Contractor position, full-time dedication
- 12 months long-term contract
- Required overlap: +4/5 hours overlap with the Japan timezone
- Required hardware: The client provides the laptop.
- 1st round: Technical call with Hiring Manager
- 2nd round: Cultural and technical call with a panel of other managers
Each applicant must complete an English assessment and a skills assessment through Andela to be considered for this role.
Connecting brilliance with opportunity